WFPA Open Meeting FRIDAY, Oct 29th
Hello everyone! Please join the Wagner Policy Alliance & the Wagner Food Policy Alliance for our first General Body Meeting of the semester this Friday, Oct. 29th at 5:30 p.m. If you are a student interested in delving into policy and food issues in more depth, are specializing in Policy, and/or are interested in planning engaging policy events, please come to our meeting. We will be speaking about WPA as a whole during the first piece of the meeting and then splitting off to give people interested in WFPA a chance to share ideas, etc.
If you are interested in getting more involved with the WFPA and discussing upcoming events, outings, days of fun…please come! We are particularly interested in learning what you want out of the group, what areas of food policy you are interested in, etc. Thus, if you can’t come Friday, feel free (please!) to email email@example.com with any thoughts.
Points to address at the meeting/for you to comment on if not attending:
- Areas of food policy you’d like to learn more about (and related professors/people of interest)
- Events or locations in/around the city you’d like to go to as a group (farms, restaurants, talks, etc)
- Sub-committee groups you’d be interested in becoming a part of or leading:
- Volunteer and Service committee – when you find good volunteer or service opportunities in the city, you can let the group know and/or help organizing a day helping at a farm, educating on EBT eligibility, etc
- Trips and Adventures committee – you will help us plan field trips to local farms, day trips to places outside the city, foraging adventures in central park, etc
- Food and Drinks committee – you will help us plan fun trips to foodie, local, organic, fresh, veggie, sustainable, you name it restaurants and bars around the city
- Food Policy and Advocacy committee – when we get questions about specific policy questions or concerns, you will be the team we contact with advice, thoughts, questions…
Please come to learn more about our goals and events, get involved, and communicate what you would like to see from the group. Leadership opportunities are available for new and returning students, and tasty food and drink will be served. We look forward to meeting those that can attend! See you there!!
When: Friday, Oct 29, 5:30-6:30p
Where: Lafayette Conference Room, 2nd Floor, Puck Building, 295 Lafayette St.